Invalid API Requests
What you see below is the list of error messages shown when API calls are rejected due to the sending limits mentioned in our API documentation. To prevent further data loss, please address the issues mentioned below as soon as possible.
Errors related to identify calls:
- id attribute must be present
- id attribute must be a string value
- id attribute cannot be an empty string
- cannot identify more than 30 attributes in one request
- attribute name cannot be longer than 150 bytes
- value for attribute ‘ATTRIBUTE-NAME’ cannot be longer than 1000 bytes
Errors related to events:
- event name must not be blank
- event name cannot be longer than 100 bytes
- event name must be less than 500 characters
- event data must be a hash
- event data cannot be longer than 10000 bytes
Why only 30 attributes and 1000 bytes per attribute name?
These limits have been put in place to ensure the performance and reliability of your Customer.io account.
What happens next?
Without fixing your integration so that it only sends a maximum of 30 attributes per identify call and a maximum of 1000 bytes for attribute values, these requests will continue to fail.
If you have a use-case which needs these limits relaxed, and it doesn’t present problems for our ability to provide the service, we can raise them on request. Please contact us so that we can discuss your use-case in detail.