With Segment Sources, you can pipe email campaign data out of Customer.io and into your data warehouse and/or Segment’s 200+ integrations.
The data will be sent to Segment as a
How to Enable
In order to enable the Customer.io data source, you will need a
- Segment account
- If you are creating a new Segment account, please write “Customer.io” in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” field.
- Customer.io account
- Select Customer.io from the Cloud Apps catalog from your workspace’s /sources page (The link should look like https://segment.com/WORKSPACENAME/sources/catalog)
- Give the source a nickname and a schema name. The nickname will be used to designate the source in the Segment interface, and the schema name is the namespace you’ll be querying against in your warehouse. Both can be whatever you like, but we recommend sticking to something that reflects the source itself, like Customerio for nickname and customerio for the schema name.
- On the overview page, click to copy your write key.
- Head over to the Customer.io Segment integration settings page and paste the write key into the Customer.io environment(s) from which you want to send email event data.
- In Segment, turn on the integrations you want to sync or connect your warehouse.
Confirm the Source is working
You can confirm that the Customer.io Source is working by sending a test campaign to yourself. Customer.io supports these events:
- Email Delivered
- Email Opened
- Email Link Clicked
- Email Marked as Spam
- Email Bounced
You’ll also see this message once data is flowing to your Integrations or Warehouse.
If these events are flowing into your Segment debugger, you’ll know that the Source is properly enabled.
- If you run into any issues enabling the Customer.io Source, finding your write-key, setting up a Segment workspace, or find that your data isn’t syncing, please contact Segment’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Not seeing Customer.io email events in the Segment debugger? Please get in touch with support!